MyVegas Rewards: A way to earn free hotel stays, meals, and shows in Las Vegas and beyond! (And pros/cons)
|We got this room at Sycuan Casino Resort for free using MyVegas Rewards!|
Like most people, I’m always looking for bargains and deals when it comes to hotels. Because of that, I usually search multiple websites like Booking.com, Expedia.com, Priceline.com, as well as hotel chain websites like Choice Hotels, owners of hotels like Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, and Comfort Inn.
During my wife and myself’s 2 1/2 month long cross country trip going from North Carolina to California from November 2022 through February 2023, we really maximized our use of these resources to book our stays. I found out through trial & error that when booking a Choice Hotels offerings for example, it is usually better to book directly through their website vs. booking through a third party travel site aforementioned.
I also use multiple apps to save money on meals at places like Chick-Fil-A, Chipotle, Subway, etc. The main goal of using these apps is to earn loyalty points to score freebies like a discounted meal and/or free food. I mean, why spend more when you can simply use these apps to accrue loyalty points for free stuff???
In my never ending quest for bargains & deals, I stumbled upon MyVegas Rewards. MyVegas Rewards is a rewards/loyalty program owned by Playstudios that rewards players free or discounted hotel rooms, meals, & shows at various casino resorts like MGM Resorts, as well as other casino resorts throughout North America and beyond.
Besides the casino resorts, well established companies like Holiday Inn, Hilton, and Norwegian Cruise Lines offer discounted and/or free stays. There are other places to get freebies and/or discounts using MyVegas Rewards, including at 1-800flowers.com, Gray Lines, Bowlero, etc.
I literally stumbled upon this thing when I was researching for ways to save money during our cross country trip which would include multiple stops in Las Vegas. Many bloggers and YouTubers were recommending this and my curiosity was piqued. After learning bit by bit how this thing worked, I decided to jump in and see how it works.
Bottom line: this is a social casino slots program that allow you to accrue loyalty points (circled gold color with number 1,591,200 shown) by playing slots game using chips (circled next to “Buy” with number 63,185,971 shown), which you can then use to redeem freebies or discounts. Basically the more you play, the faster you accrue loyalty points.
You collect free chips and/or loyalty points every day when you open the app. Anywhere where it says to “Collect” (for example, see bottom left), click it to get free chips. You would wager a bet to play a game, then over time, you accrue loyalty points. The longer you play, the more you get loyalty points.
Tip: You do not need to buy anything to play. Just use the free chips to play. If you run out of chips, just play the next day. You can, however, buy more chips, but this is totally up to you…
You redeem freebies/discounts by redeeming via “My VIP Rewards” from the app (See Figure 1 below with a square box in the bottom center).
|Home Screen of MyVegas slots app on an iPhone (Figure 1)|
There are multiple platforms on which you can play slot games to accrue loyalty points:
- Facebook: If you have a Facebook account, you can play from there. Search for “MyVegas”, then click “Play game”. I don’t personally use Facebook, but I hear it’s one of the fastest ways to accrue chips and loyalty points.
- MyVegas Slots app on either iOS or Android devices: Go to App Store on an iOS device like iPhone/iPad then search “MyVegas slots”, or go to Google Play on a Google Android phone/tablet, then search for the same.
|Actual game (Figure 2)|
- Other apps exist to maximize earning loyalty points: These include “Pop! Slots”, “MGM Slots”, “myKonami Casino Slot”, “MyVegas Bingo”, and “MyVegas Blackjack”.
Advantage of using these apps: Can accrue loyalty points faster by playing other apps besides just “MyVegas slots”.
Disadvantage of using these apps: Unlike “MyVegas slots”, games are much more involved where you need to be present (not just to let it auto-spin) to play the games. You’ll want to collect balloons which can be free chips or other goodies every few seconds, which means you’ll need to pop those balloons every time you see them to collect them.
- Two nights at Sycuan Casino Hotel (San Diego): Valued at around $300 for two nights
- $15 free play at the slots at Sycuan: $15 value
- Free appetizer at La Stalla, Beau Rivage (Biloxi, MS): $16 value
- Free entree at Nine Fine Irishmen, New York New York (Las Vegas): $25 value
- 2 for 1 brunch buffet at the Luxor (Las Vegas): $35 value
- 2 for 1 brunch buffet at the Excalibur (Las Vegas) twice: $31 x 2=$62 value
- $20 off at Diablo’s Cantina at the Luxor: $20 value
- $25 off at TAP Sports Bar at the Excalibur: $25 value
- 2 for 1 lunch buffet at the MGM Grand (Las Vegas): $30 value
- From MyVegas Slots Home Screen, click “My VIP Rewards” (See Figure 1)
- Select the company you wish to redeem from. I’m picking Bellagio in this example.
- Browse the rewards you want to redeem.
- Click to reward you want to redeem. In this example, I’m selecting a complimentary night stay at the Bellagio
- Note a free night will cost 150,000 loyalty points. Click through. Be sure to read the blurb to make sure you understand the terms and conditions. For example, this free night is only valid Sunday through Thursday but not on weekends or holidays.
- Note whether the reward is a premium reward or not. A total of 2 premium rewards can be redeemed at the same hotel within a month. For non-premium rewards, you can redeem multiple times at the same hotel.
- Once you click “I have read and agree…” at the bottom, click the box to “Confirm for 150,000”. You’ll receive an email similar to this one below (this is my email confirmation for the free 2 night stay at the Sycuan Casino Resort).
- Follow the instructions on the email to redeem your reward. Some hotels like Sycuan, requires you to call to book, while others will provide a link to company’s website to book directly online.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Ocean City, Maryland’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Atlantic Beach, North Carolina’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Bushkill Falls and Grey Towers.’
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 natural attractions in Las Vegas’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Zion National Park’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Vdara Hotel’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Chateau at Coindre Hall’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Oyster Bay’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Ocean Casino Resort’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Wildwood Park and Fort Hunter Mansion’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Ottawa’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Fiore Suite and classic room at the Borgata’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 places with awesome views near Harrisburg, PA’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Quebec City, Canada’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 quintessential places to visit in New York City’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Ricketts Glen State Park, PA’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Beaufort, NC’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Vernon, NJ’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Harrisburg, PA’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Montreal, Canada’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Falls Lake Dam Recreation Area, Wake Forest, NC’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 parks to visit in Bogue Banks, North Carolina’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Review of Niagara Falls State Park’.
Please click here if you missed our ‘Top 3 things to do in Claysburg, PA’.
Please check out our YouTube channel ‘Wandering Money Pig’ showcasing our travels and our Pomeranian dog! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3kl9f4W9sfNG5h1l-x6nHw